Thursday, January 15, 2009

New year, New you

Every new year I hear the same common themes: lose weight; clean up your financial act; live a balanced life. Dream big; set lofty goals; manage time wisely. For many years I have whole-heartedly followed this approach. This year I'm trying something new: easing up. Oh, I still think it's important to live a balanced life & have dreams, etc. I just decided to relax my attitude about life. I have decided to practice being a non-anxious presence as much as I can. Sort of like breathing into the yoga pose. I can hold the pose a lot longer when I switch my focus from how I'm holding the pose and just breathe into it. This is my response to the anxiety that swirls around us.

My twin sons are experts at this eased-up approach to life. In fact, I like to joke that their Chinese names are "Hang" and "Wing" because they like to just hang out and wing it.

I'm such a planner & a doer--I'm already planning how to do this new approach to life.
Maybe I just better hang out for a while and wing it to see how it flys!

No comments:

Post a Comment