Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thirty years of...

Tonight I went to a Christmas concert. Amidst the lovely music was a tribute to a person who has been a vital part of the organization for 30 years. Thirty years!

What constancy! What commitment!

It got me thinking: what have I done for thirty years or any significant length of time? I've changed careers 6 or 7 times. I've moved 15 times. Gotten married and divorced (once each). Shared my home with five cats and three dogs (not at the same time). Driven/owned 11 different vehicles. Raised three wonderful children (now young adults). Worshipped in at least 8 churches regularly. Gotten immersed in at least five consuming hobbies. Traveled to eight countries and had amazing experiences. Been friends with more people than I can count.

About the only constant in my life is CHANGE!!! And the assurance that God is with me through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment